[frgeek-michiana] GooseLab: Preparing for Sally Lab Virtualization

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:44:57 -0500

1) Dell PowerEdge 2500 server:

   Thanks to a wonderful donation from a volunteer, I've got a chance
to learn virtualization on a system that resembles closely enough to
what we have in the Supermicro classroom server! I had downloaded the
latest Debian 'Etch' release candidate. The first problem to turn up was
that Xorg wasn't able to load the kbd or mouse drivers! A VERY ODD
problem. Seems, someone needs to check the cross-reference dependencies
list! When Debian was installed, it did NOT install the following two
packages:

xserver-xorg-input-kbd
xserver-xorg-input-mouse!   Ooops...

2) kqemu on Debian

   I found several documents that give me the whole picture on how to
compile, setup and use virtual systems. By the lab Teusday I should have
it in hand to at least start the process of installing the core components.

Goose