[frgeek-michiana] Re: [Fwd: Sun kit delayed, Xara Extreme]

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:34:32 -0500

Debian supports Ultra 64-bit but runs a 32-bit userland according to docs
below.

http://www.debian.org/ports/sparc/
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch02s01.html.en#sparc-cpus

This fellow has Debian running on an UltraSparc-II box, the second one
mentioned. There are frequently problems installing Debian from CD-ROM on
Sun boxes, and network installs are often required as in link below.

http://michael-prokop.at/blog/2006/07/17/debian-on-ultrasparc-ii/