[frgeek-michiana] Fw: [Freelists News] crippling outage, partial recovery

  • From: mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:47:26 -0400 (EDT)

In case you haven't noticed we're back up

Mike Cook

===
- The FreeLists Newsletter -
 You're receiving this email because you are subscribed
 to the FreeLists Newsletter, a newsletter sent out to all
 FreeLists list owners.  It contains important updates about
 changes to FreeLists services.  For subscription information,
 please see the bottom of this email.
===

In case you missed it, we were unavailable from Friday night through
Tuesday due to hardware loss following a lightening hit to our data
center.  (Weather in the central Indiana region has been absurd -- up to
12" of rain in some areas in just two days.)

The damage to the main FreeLists server wasn't as bad as originally
thought and it has been repaired and brought back up.  Some other
peripheral servers weren't so lucky and we're working on those now.
Service in general though, has been restored.  It'll take awhile to catch
up with the mail flows that have backed up over the past couple of days,
so please proceed with patience.

To everyone who mailed in: Thanks, it'll take me awhile to get through all
of those messages, but I appreciate the support.

Thanks,
  John

- List webpage:
//www.freelists.org/webpage/freelists-news