collections

  • From: Helen Martin <hrmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:27:06 -0800

well.. I'm a user rather than a collector..  although I do like the idea of eventually having one of each kind of filling system..  someday ...

currently most of my users are Sheaffers...  I like italic nibs and tend to focus on buying those when they are available.  one of my current indulgences is that I'm building an assembly of the Sheaffer nononsense calligraphy pens in different colours (with ink of a matching colour of course)..

I bought a Lamy Vista with an italic nib and promptly lost it when I took it on holiday..  very disappointing..  I did like it though I found the angles on the section a bit uncomfortable to hold.. I'm a lefty and with an italic nib you have to get it at exactly the correct angle to the paper..

I gave myself a treat over some new employment in the fall and got one of the balance II cobalt glows..  wow..  what a nice pen..  beautiful, and so comfortable to hold and use..  when I find an italic nib for it I'll be in heaven..  !!

I eventually want to have a snorkel and a touchdown filling Sheaffer, as well as a lever filler or two...

I have a very special pen that was my Mom's..  a present to her from her oldest brother when she graduated from school in the late 30's..  Michael McNeil at Northwest Pens refurbished it for me after she passed away and now its one of my prized possessions..

Helen

Helen Martin
Nanaimo, BC
Vancouver Island, Canada