Re: [ZossPens] Re: Survey What number of member collects Parker over Waterman?

  • From: ETM <ETMaddox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pens@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:25:00 -0500

In vintage my collection probably has more Conklin
Crescent than any other pen, a fair number, most
working and impressive, most unused and boxed
because I spent more on a few of them than most
other pens in my collection, and then it gets
iffy. If I like a pen, there will be many in
different colors and clip, band, etc., styles.
That brings to mind that I really like Pelikans,
so they appear in many forms, ages and price
ranges. I like Sailors and Platinums.

For sheer number, I may have more Sheaffer,
because they are of my time, I was taught to write
with a dip pen and an inkwell in the hole in the
desk.  I don't specifically remember Esterbrooks
from my youth, but I have a large collection now.
I have NONE of the colors that I really really
want (the Foliage Green brings out absolute lust,
saw it once, it wasn't up for grabs, maybe one
day).

I continue to accumulate but perhaps not as fast
as I have in the past.  There is no real focus to
my collection. I have only one or two Waterman,
not many Parker, that's fine with me, they are
enough.  As I keep looking, I find that I have
become more interested in where the pens
originate.  I love my Italian pens for looks, the
Platinum line also is eye candy, some pens don't
have to be held to please, they provide return on
two levels, just seeing/owning and then the
ultimate writing/owning.

Elaine

> I collect Waterman mainly:

> Waterman: 85%
> Sheaffer:  8%
> Parker:    5%
> Misc:      2%

> This does not count pens I intend to sell.

> TTFN,
> Grem

> --- Max Davis <maxpen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Survey
>>
>> What number of member collects Parker over Waterman?

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.