Re: What got you interested in fountain pens?

  • From: Bruce Grembowski <grembowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zoss list <pens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:22:47 -0800 (PST)

My interest in modern fountain pens began after reading an article about them
in Cigar Afficianado.  My first pen was a Waterman Expert II in black lacquer
and gold, purchased around 1996.  It cured my cramps from writing problem
reports while I was in mini-computer operations.

I was exposed to vintage fountain pens after reading a copy of a Zoss list post
from my boss.  In it, Tom was telling someone, in great detail, how to
unsubscribe from the list.  It went on for about three or four paragraphs and
was quite humorous.  However, it did let me know about the existence of vintage
fountain pen collecting, and I've been hooked since 2006.

Regards,
Bruce Grembowski

The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per instructions to complete
the process.