Re: Need Waterman converter

  • From: "Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman" <eric@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 00:45:02 +0200

More than strength, Roger... some foolishness as well, since it's a lot easier and cheaper to find the right converter than to fix a damaged feed.
Montegrappa is kind of picky. Also Dupont.
I don't really use converter pens anymore, except for the Dupont, which I hope to sell as well, but they come in handy for my son's pens.
Eric
On 15 May 2006, at 0:34, Roger Beamon wrote:

On 14 May 2006 at 21:58, Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman wrote, at least in part:

You know, Roger, I used to think that way as well. However, I now
have about ten different converters to prove you wrong - all meant
for pens that all take international cartridges, but don't all take
the same converter. And I'm not talking about the length. I'm
refering to the diameter of the end of the converter. The part that
gets penetrated by the end of the feed, if you will. Eric

Yep, Eric. Jim and I were talking BC and I remembered, after his prompting,
a Phileas that I have that requires the unique dimensions of the Waterman
converter because of the sleeve (for added weight) in the barrel. I guess
that there are many Watermans that will take the standard International
converters, but not all. And, that's not even addressing the mouth end that I
think does fit most, but may require some added strength to attach to some
feed nipples.

--
Roger Beamon
Southern Arizona  USA