Re: Gold, Steel or Other

  • From: "Andrew J. Zuckerman" <andrewjz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:39:51 -0400

Actually, 14 Kt nibs have the capacity to be more flexible than 18 Kt. Nibs because 18 Kt. nibs are softer e.g. have less "spring." Aside from the material used, it's the geometry of the nib and its thickness that counts.

Z.

On 8/2/2010 2:18 PM, W F Burns wrote:
I have some steel that I really like but I try to stick with gold.  A good
flexible gold is my favorite.
Has anyone used the Namiki Falcon?  Love the nib!
Bill