FS: Waterman Gentleman (MIB) price reduced, the bonus is back, and payment options now include PayPal

  • From: "Vano, Dennis" <dvano@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:36:03 -0500

Greetings Folks:

They don't come like this one anymore. And, the chance of finding one in
this condition is slim to none. I cannot call it new because I recently
tested it with the first cartridge and ink it has ever tasted, and it
writes beautifully. But it sure looks and feels like new. No exterior
flaws of any kind, just that deep rich burgundy lacquer over brass
barrel with awesome 18k gold trim and nib (almost a black cherry color).
The "Gentleman", a perfect name for so elegant a pen, takes cartridges
or converter, both included.

Included:

a) Waterman Gentleman (burgundy & gold) with Fine point nib.

b) Original Waterman Ideal presentation box.

c) Original Waterman Ideal booklet with the pristine worldwide guarantee
credit card.

d) Original Waterman business card signed by the very employee that
assembled and attested to the quality of the piece.

e) Converter (never used) + bottle of Waterman blue ink (unopened)

f) 8 blue carts + 8 black carts

g) Exterior box with all original stamps, stickers, numbers, etc

It's an elegant and refined piece, really beautifully done. I consider
this 18k beautifully engraved nib to be more a fine/medium versus a fine
with modest flex. But, see for yourself along with the matching section,
and buttons top and bottom with the classic gold "W" on the top. This
pen has not seen one full cartridge of ink (effectively new or mint in
the box).

I purchased it recently, and I'm asking $130 plus S&H. North America
only.

Money Orders are best as they clear immediately. PayPal is accepted,
Western Union is okay. Personal checks will need to clear before
shipment is made (allow 1 week from receipt of check).

Now for the Bonus:

I will include a Cross Signature FP (excellent condition), black lacquer
with 23k gold accents, and 18k gold fine point nib, and 7 cartridges for
$25.00. This is really a nice writer and true fine point.

These two pens, the Gentleman with its rich burgundy lacquer, the
Signature with its deep black lacquer, and both with their 23k gold
accents and 18k gold nibs really look good together. The styles and
colors are complimentary to say the least, and both are a pleasure to
use. Both, by my assessment, are perhaps among the most under-rated of
FPs as the workmanship is no par if not better than the S.T. Dupont
Orpheo.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Dennis