[foxboro] /usr/fox/wp/data/wp51_cmds

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro List <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:06:38 -0500

I am trying to redesign how wee do remote access to our UNIX based DM and
oxview machines to acomodate some changes on the IT side.

One of the things I need to acomplihs is make certain sessions started this
way have omsets disabled. I was pointed to the posibilty of doing this in
/usr/fox/wp/data/wp51_cmds.

Looking at this file, it does look like this is a posible place to
acomplish this. However, i have never dealt with this file before, so I
have a couple of questions.

It appears that this is a dmcmd script that is automaticaly executed whne a
DM sessions is started. s this correct?

If so, is there a way I can evalute, from the command line, what a given
variable is that this script examines. For instance there is a line that I
beleive says "if the DM is not local disable omsts". it looks like this:

== $DM_LOCAL N dmcmd disable clralm

is his assumption correct?

If so, can I test DM_LOCAL from a shell prompt (IE in a vt100 window)? I
would have thought I could do this with omget, but if I can then I must not
know how to sue omget, which is posible.

In addition, how can I determine what variables are available to test
against in this script?

Thanks.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.