[foxboro] repa tool

  • From: "Sieling, Marcel" <msieling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 04:14:51 -0500

Hi,

        >Back in the old days when I had a Foxboro to play with=20
        >I used a tool called repa50.

This tool has been written by a guy from Foxboro Germany many years ago =
with
the intention to create a tool for Foxboro internal use only. It uses
internal system files like olist(.dat?) and pdef.dat to determine =
internal
structures, blocktypes and parameters and then reads from the workfile =
and
dumps output to stdout. But in some occasions it has some bugs, =
especially
on output formatting. If parameters are given wrong (e.g. "-hxx" with =
xx too
small for the specified amount of columns) it can even windup producing
large output files very quickly flooded with spaces and NulBytes and =
fill up
the harddisk, if redirection to a file has been made. So we recommend =
test first the parameter settings on stdout and if that works hit =
CTRL-C and
retype the command with output redirection. There should be no danger =
for
the database of the system, as repa50 only reads from system files and
FoxDus people are using this tool very heavily, though.

However we will not support this tool as it is only for internal use. =
Use it
for your own risk, support for future versions is not guaranteed.

best regards -

Marcel Sieling
Systems Technologies

FOXBORO Deutschland GmbH
Heerdter Lohweg 53 - 55
40549 Duesseldorf
Tel.:    +49 (0)211 5966-171
Fax:     +49 (0)211 5966-104
Mobile:  +49 (0)172 2673077
E-Mail:  msieling@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.foxboro-deutschland.de
Private Home: http://www.powerslider.de

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:  Scott, Walter [SMTP:wscott@xxxxxxxxx]
> Gesendet am:  Dienstag, 6. November 2001 16:41
> An:   'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> Betreff:      Re: [foxboro] getpars tool
>=20
>=20