[foxboro] pH control

  • From: "Balmer, Robert D." <Robert_Balmer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:02:20 -0700

Ok I am going to try a cheat a little and see if those on the list have worked
with tough pH control problems and may have some ideas that would speed up my
response to a problem here on site.
We have a pH controller that seemed to be working over the years that now the
process engineers have learned to hate.
We used a PIDA.
The liquid volume changes frequently going into the vessel and we use a lime
feeder to correct the pH. That feeder has at times presented it own
opportunities, however in the past when it was working correctly operations
seemed to be happy.
Any ideas on perhaps a different control block or scheme would be helpful.
Thanks
Robert Balmer
Senior Application Analyst/Programmer
CCST
Climax Molybdenum Co.
2598 Highway 61
Fort Madison IA 52627
(319) 463-2206

Please consider the enviroment before printing this and all emails