[foxboro]

  • From: "Brazell Jr, Troy L" <TLBrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Foxboro User Group Foxboro User Group" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 08:52:46 -0500

 =20

Jorge,

I don't know if this could be your problem or not, but some of the newer =
laptops have very under powered com ports.

I have a serial booster that I have had to use on some machines to get =
the modem to work.

My guess is that you are correct that you will need to load an older =
version of PC20 (I seem to remember doing that).

I can send you the fxserial.sys driver off of my machine if you will =
contact me off list.

Thanks

Troy

=20

=20

well...

=20

I=B4ve verifiied the installation of the PC20 software and the modem =
isn=B4t responding yet. At first installation it uses something named =
"Foxcom Serial WDM Device" but it doesn=B4t goes to "talk" mode. Then =
tried changing the driver to the one inclued into the foxboro folder and =
it didn=B4t connect. Restarted PC and itself changed the driver to the =
MS official and didn=B4t connect too. Tried again changing it and =
nothing.

=20

I have used an upgrade because it is the one the IT guy let me here but =
i read the instrucctions and it says that need to be installed (PC20 =
v2.3) over a working version of PC20 v1 o v 2 first.

=20

At this moment it has the "Foxcom Serial WDM Device" but it says in =
device manager that the driver isn=B4t compatible for the device.

=20

As the maintenence people says the driver was cop=EDed from the PC50 =
software to get it work. Im looking for that at internet at this moment. =
And its true is the fxserial.sys driver.

=20

Jorge Jimenez

Poliestireno Tlaxcala

=20