Re: [foxboro] setting access levels in environments

  • From: "Boulay, Russ" <Russ.Boulay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:09:56 -0400

Rose,
        setacl can still be used ...but these days the commands protect and
unprotect are usually used.
        You can use the environment file itself.  Make sure entries are
after the chng_env entry in the file.
Remember prortections are like light switches , whatever is turned on/off by
the previous environment, must be changed by the next environment
or it stays enforced. So, a typical scenario is to either  protect or
unprotect all, then apply the env specific protections.
Also, there are 2 locations that FoxView looks for environments.

/opt/fox/env
/opt/customer/env

FoxView will look in /opt/customer/env first to find an emtry. If none found
for that env...it then goes to /opt/fox/env.

The same holds true for the .MBR  .BDR  etc for all environments.

example below.

dmcmd nolog_script
dmcmd passwd
dmcmd chng_env