Re: [foxboro] installing OPC server

  • From: "Daniele Tocco" <danieletocco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:52:07 +0200

Dear Ken,

in the manual B0400DG: I/A Series® AIM*ATT OPCT Server User's Guide is
clearly written:

"Before you can use the OPC server to communicate with a specific data
server, you must license

that data server using an Invensys supplied authorization code. The code
authorizes the OPC

server to establish a connection to the data server".

Then I think you have to license the data server. Naturally, if the OPC is
installed on the same machine as the data server you have to license the
machine where running the OPC server.

In my case the OPC is running on another machine but it has to connect to
the data server which is an AW70.

Thank you

Daniele