Re: [foxboro] flat screens on AW51 / WP51

  • From: tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:11:59 -0500

Brad,
        We started out using NEC LCD 20" monitors with AMBIX and have never
had a problem connecting them to any video source.  AMBIX is NEC's term for
ambidextrous usage on either analog or digital video signals, (I think). The
ones we buy have both DVI and the older HD-15 physical connectors and they
auto sync to anything and everything we have connected them up to.
        There are a plethora of possibilities today that should work but we
found a good one and are sticking with it. NEC changes model numbers about
every 6 months but if you look for AMBIX ones they are almost sure to work
with anything you might have.  We have used 2010LX, 2080UX and NEC LCD
2060NX which is the latest model # we have bought for less than $1000 USD.
See link below:
http://www.necmitsubishi.com/products/ProductDetail.cfm?Product=343&Classifi
cationFamily=1&Classification=1

We got rid of our touch screens when we got rid of the last WP-30 and that
was a very good decision but one that was initially questioned by
production.  Nobody even talks about them anymore and we were constantly
repairing, replacing, or troubleshooting them.  The technology has advanced
a lot since then and they may be okay now but I won't vouch for them.  If
you must have them check out the link below:
20" LCD with touch screen
http://www.avdeals.ca/neclcd/lcd2010xt.htm

LCD screens are now cost competitive and much easier to mount or replace
than CRT's which were always back breakingly difficult to manage.

Have a good day,
Tom VandeWater
Control Systems Developer/Analyst
Dow Corning Corporation