Re: [foxboro] cascade/constraint control

  • From: "Schouten, Frits JF" <Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:28:44 +1300

Hi Greg,
we've done something simular with flow and pressure control.

Var. setpoint--+  BCALCI<------BCALC1
               |  |            |
Flow     AIN-->PIDE----->|     |
                         |OUTSEL----->AOUT(valve control)
Pressure AIN-->PIDE----->|     |
               |  |            |
Fixed setpoint-+  BCALCI<------BCALC2

In our case we need to maintain a minimum pressure. OUTSEL is set to
pass the highest output to the AOUT.
The pressure PID block has a fixed setpoint based on a minimum pressure.
The flow PID block setpoint is based on flow demand.

As the demand for flow is dropping, the valve closes, which will cause a
reduction in pressure. This will result in a higher output on the
pressure PID block, forcing the valve to maintain a position that
retains the minimum pressure.

I'm sure something like the above can be done with flow and temperature.

Cheers,

Frits Schouten.
NZSteel