Re: [foxboro] Windows Question

  • From: Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:56:02 -0500

On 6.x and 7.x AW70s I have been able to call up the command window by
adding the line shown below to the soft.mnu file.  I believe it has also
been tried on an 8.X AW70.  Dos Prompt will be the text descriptor that is
seen in the menu, the menu pick will initiate the "run startp cmd" command.

"Dos Prompt"    "run startp cmd"

Neil Martin
Huntsman Performance Chemicals
Dayton & Conroe, TX.
Dayton ph)  936-257-4212
Conroe ph) 936-760-6205
pager) 936-522-0052

             "Brazell, Troy L
             Jr"
             <TLBrazell@dcpmid                                          To
             stream.com>               "Foxboro User Group Foxboro User
             Sent by:                  Group" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr                                          cc
             eelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [foxboro] Windows Question
             10/08/2007 04:10
             PM

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

 =20

Okay my guru friends,

I am currently staging a XP system to replace a UNIX (Dog Box) system.

In a effort to secure the machines from operator I have locked them down
as per Foxboro's documentation.

Now, I need for the techs to be able to, from their environment access
IACC (I was able to add that one to the Config menu) and the command
prompt.

As I said adding the IACC wasn't much of a challenge, but adding the
command prompt to the SftMnt pull down is causing me a slight pain in
the backside.

I tried duplicating the "Explorer" scripting with no success.

I'm sure that someone has done this and I would really like to hear from
you.

Thanks

Troy

=20