Re: [foxboro] What causes System Alarms and What doesn't??

  • From: "Lowell, Tim:" <tlowell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:35:55 -0700

What wasn't explicitly stated about QF990401B:  DO NOT APPLY QF990104B TO
6.2 OR HIGHER!!!!!!  At 6.2 or higher, all you need to do is touch
/usr/fox/sysmgm/sysmon/ftblink_red.cx in order to make the Sys key flash red
when a FT module goes single.  I found that out the hard way this afternoon.
The smon_ech in the Quick Fix is old and is not compatible with v6.2 or
higher.  Good thing I saved the newer version before I started.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Phillips Petroleum Company, Trainer Refinery
Phone:  610-364-8362
Fax:    610-364-8211
tlowell@xxxxxxxx