Re: [foxboro] VT100 Emulation

  • From: "Jones, Charles R. \(Chuck\)" <Chuck.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:28:57 -0400

William,
Thanks for your quick reply.  I have been out trying your suggestion,
but I have no success yet.  I bypassed the Wyse terminal cable
altogether.  I tried it with a null modem and without.  The Black Box
(the little doo-dad) LEDs show no difference between using the null
modem and not using it. The results are the same whether we are going
through the Wyse cable or not. =20

Now, I'm thinking two things: =20
*  I may actually be connected, but my communications protocol is not
set correctly (both ends of the conversation are waiting on the other to
speak).  I've tried emulating a VT100, a VT52, a Wyse 50+, a Wyse 60, a
Linux box, and an SCO UNIX terminal.  So, that may not be it, either.
I've used ReflectionX and HyperTerminal on my laptop.  On Monday, I'll
try again with a different laptop.  In the mean time, I'll read Rod
Deen's xterm80.pdf from the Cassandra Web site.

*  It's Friday and it's Labor Day Weekend.  I can carry the working Wyse
terminal over to make this week's back up.

I'm still going to keep working at this problem, though.

Thanks,
Chuck Jones =20