Re: [foxboro] USB Flash Drive Question

I am using a Kingston DataTraveler 1Gb Flash Drive on I/A Mesh on version
8.3.  I am not using the security feature on the flash drive.  Have never
had any problems.
Ricky Cash
Greif Inc.

"Pulas, Philip" <ppulas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/03/2008 08:41 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[foxboro] USB Flash Drive Question

List,

Has anyone used a Kingston DataTraveler Secure Privacy Edition Flash
Drive on the I/A Mesh Network yet?  We are supposed to be replacing our
generic flash drives with these password-protected versions.  However,
when you plug it in the first time on a Windows XP SP2 I/A v8.2
workstation, it tells you that you have to reboot for it to properly
work.  I haven't tried any other versions yet.  It must install some
driver, even though its guide says that no driver is required.  It does
work anyways even if you do not reboot the workstation.  However, does
anyone know what it is actually installing and if we should be concerned
about anything on the I/A network?  We would be using it on the
following types of Windows workstations and I/A versions: XP SP1 v8.1,
2003 Server v8.1, XP SP2 v8.2, and XP SP2 v8.3.

Thanks for any help,

Philip Pulas

Tesoro Corp.

Golden Eagle Refinery