Re: [foxboro] [UCE] Re: FW: More future direction questions.

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:41:05 -0400

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 04:14:31PM -0400, Johnson, Alex P (IPS) wrote:
> Re: I'm also inferring from this that an ATS cannot connect directly to a V7
>
> switch, but only to a 1x8 backplane.
>
> That is correct. The ATS is packaged as a Z-module, i.e., it looks a lot
> like a CP60.
>

> Re: I would think that direct-connect capability to both a V7 switch and a
> mesh network (i.e., 4 fiber ports) would be desirable for hybrid systems as
> illustrated in Tom's message.
>
> Perhaps, but the vast majority of systems do not have V7.x switches and we
> didn't want to require them or require moving to V7.x to use V8.x.

A lot of us have V& systems, and will be putting in more of them. This is
because we don't want the current version of V* systems (you can spell that
NO WINDOWS). As a result I would not be supprised if, after our next cold
shutdown mostm if not all, of our nodes were V7 ones.

For what it's worth.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror