From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Johnson, Alex P (IOM)
Sent: Monday, 21 May 2012 7:22 p.m.
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [foxboro] To 4GL or not to 4GL

Fritz,
As you may know, my responsibilities include the creation and support of
Application Object Services, FoxBridge (DMCplus Bridge), and FoxCTS products.
All of these used Informix.

When we made the move to I/A Series V8.5 Secured Edition, we chose to move to
MS SQL Server Express, the free version of SQL Server. We did it for a few
reasons:

1) Configuring Informix for use in the Secured Edition was more complex
2) We were tired of the license fees and associated paperwork
3) SQL Server Express is compatible with SQL Server which is used in many of
our newer products
4) SQL Server Express can handle databases up to 10 GB which is sufficient for
our needs

So, that's what we did.

Regards,

Alex Johnson