Re: [foxboro] Talk about old annunciator keyboards on an old UNIX system...

  • From: <duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:37:13 -0400

I assume you're talking about the AAtab file here, because the AApan files are
usually shorter and not that difficult to scan for duplicate display filenames
within them.

For the AAtab files, I do essentially what Terry suggests below with the
complicated maneuver of transferring the files to another OS and importing
into Excel, but with just one awk/nawk command:

------ start of script file ------
#! /bin/sh
#
# this file is chk_dup
# it is assumed that the AAtab files are already sorted alphabetically
# as required
nawk '{while ($0)                  # as long as there are data
          {c=$1; b=$2; ln=$0       # save COMP, BLOCK, and current line
           getline                 # go to the next line
           if (c==$1 && b==$2)     # if COMP and BLOCK are the same
               {print ln"\n"$0}    # print previous and current lines
          }
      }' $1
------ end of script file ------

Then you run your AAtab files through this script file on the command line, eg.:

chk_dup 01WP01AAtab

It'll return pairs of lines with duplicate comp:blocks.

Duc