Re: [foxboro] Software Install failure

  • From: tjvandew@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:07:48 +0000

Yes, I have seen a bad commit disk on several occasions.  No errors when
creating it and a tar tvf shows many of the files but then has a read error
near the end.  If my memory serves me correctly the last file you should see in
the tar tvf list is xterms
Tom Vandewater
From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:52:25
To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [foxboro] Software Install failure

Tim,
Did you verify the commit disk is OK?  We had a somewhat similar
situation and it turned out to be a bad commit diskette.

System Rebooted, Restarted Install Program and Hung Up
 - I manually Rebooted system from Task Bar
 - System would restart and get to the point of loading Foxview and then
reboot.
 - Disabled IA System which allowed System to startup to desktop.
Logfile d:\usr\fox\sp\SetupLog.xxxxx indicated there was an error
reading the tar file from the commit disk.
Install program never fully completed.
Tar tvf  of Commit Disk indicated a tar read error

Made a new commit diskette and we were OK.

Just thought I would throw this out.

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx