Re: [foxboro] Server 70 client as Configuration Station

  • From: "Loupe, Rory (RJ)" <RJLoupe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:38:45 -0500

Purchase an additional display manager and install it on the AW.  Purchase
Exceed or GoGlobal and install it on a PC.  Make sure the AW's 2nd Ethernet
port is configured and connected to the same LAN as the PC with Exceed.  Do
your configuration from the PC.

Does anyone else allow their AW to be used as an operator workstation?  We
are considering doing so.  Are there some very good reasons why we should
not allow an operator to use the AW as a workstation?

        Rory Loupe
                The Dow Chemical Company
                LHC-3
                P.O. Box 150, Building 6801