Re: [foxboro] Sanity check on Go Global

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:45:28 -0500

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 05:21:05AM -0700, Lowell, Tim: wrote:

> Ted,
>
> Did you ever get the ICC to work with VNC?  I installed VNC when we were
> having problems with GoGlobal and the ICC, and I never have been able to get
> the ICC to even start up with VNC.  I'm not sure if the way we set up our
> FoxViews to work with GoGlobal is causing the problem or what, but I was
> hoping maybe you knew of some setting in the VNC configuration that would
> make ICC work.  I haven't been able to find it.

Could someone please explain what the issue with the ICC is? My boss was
showing me a CAR about it's not working with GoGlobal. It works fine here
using ReflectionsX.

Is this somehow related to the "remote draw" issue? I still do not
understand what that is all about. As far as I know an X client should not
even be able to tell if the server is running on the local machine or not.
This should be totally transparent to the client application, and has always
seemed so for me.

Is it possible to start the ICC from a shell command prompt? If so, I can
easily test this.

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin