Re: [foxboro] Sanity check on Go Global

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:24:48 -0500

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:01:06AM -0500, Deen, Ron wrote:

> >>Could someone please explain what the issue with the ICC is? My boss was
> showing me a CAR about it's not working with GoGlobal. It works fine here
> using ReflectionsX.
>
> Hi Stan,
>
> The issue with ICC is that the process crashes when the fonts can not be
> found. This is a known issue with exceed 7 and up ReflexionX (which you seem
> to have solved) and many other Xserver packages.
> A test can be done with system management. When this application shows the
> correct fonts (compared to DM/Foxview native screens) ICC should work too.
> If it does not, the ICC is a no go.
> The trick would be to tell GoGlobal and the likes where to find the Foxboro
> fonts. We had no luck with packages like exceed on demand etc but VNC should
> work to my knowledge.

Thanks, yes it works here, and while I once spent a couple of days getting
the fonts converted, and moved to a PC network drive, then teaching
ReflectionsX to find them, shortly after that our IS group "[up|down]graded
something and it quit working. I've never found the time to go back and fix
this, yet the ICC still works "fine" (well the font's are tiny).

Is it possible to start the ICC from a shell prompt?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin