Re: [foxboro] Restoring AW51B to larger drive

  • From: "Den Haese Patrick" <phaese@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:17:56 +0200

Tim,

let me try to remenber how I did it in the past (long time ago)........

boot from cdrom

"format" , select your drive  (mostly 0)
press "type"
select 4.2  (can't remember exactly. could also be 4200).
label your drive - Type "Label"\
with "verify" you can check your drive partitions and label
"quit"

then

form_disk ESP0 SCSI3 AW51 (if it is a AW51 others WP51)

Now restore manual the meta database.

cd /cdrom/databases
cp md.db.4200.aw51.Z /tmp
cd /tmp
uncompress md.db.4200.aw51.Z
dd if=md.db.4200.aw51 of=/dev/rsd0d bs=96b

then restore all partitions except the meta database partition.

this worked for me in the past, but as mentioned at the begin it's a long
time ago that I faced a B style Box.

Regards,

Patrick Den Haese
Invensys systems Belgium