Re: [foxboro] Remoteing "G" boxes

  • From: Kevin FitzGerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:40:59 +1300 (NZDT)

Stan,

A couple more comments on going the KVM route:
1) If you're remoting F (and probably G) boxes with KVM extenders, make sure you
get a set that emulates the keyboard and mouse locally so the box can boot even
if the remote is unavailable for some reason (powered off or disconnected).  May
want to emulate video too.
2) Supported video resolution over Cat5 KVM extenders typically drops as the
cable length increases, ie 1280x1024 to 300 feet and 1024x768 to 1000 feet.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Carter Holt Harvey, Ltd.
+64 27 460 9994