Re: [foxboro] Remote display manager on a moder X server?

  • From: Darryl Bond <dbond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 07:31:57 +1000

It's a shame that Foxboro are never going to fix this. It is getting harder to
support 8 bit displays with the current generation of software and video cards.
(Try running a dual screen Matrox card with 8 bit depth on both screens). My
organisation will be staying with display managers for the forseeable future so
I need to do something.

The program that is causing all the grief seems to be blink task. I'm sure that
there are enough skills on this list to reverse engineer the operation of the
blink task to work properly with 16/24bit displays, maybe with a little help
from our friends at Foxboro.

Regards
Darryl Bond