Re: [foxboro] Remote display manager on a moder X server?

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 07:12:57 -0400

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 04:47:19PM -0500, Jeremy Milum wrote:

> > I still get "Color initilazation failed" even with the arguments you
> > sugested. Moght I be out of colors? Do I need to import the color databse
> > from the Sun inoto my local color databsae?
>
> Try it without using Gnome and see what you get.

Yes, I thought I would. I tried it on a 2nd xserver runing twm (a very
lightweight window manager), and got the same error. But perhaps the color
resources are shared between the 2 server (I don't think so though). But
I'm going to try it without Gnome on the 1st X server today.

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin