Re: [foxboro] PLC interface question

  • From: "Loyd Greer" <LGREER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:02:39 -0400

Troy,
Can I ask why you used hardware connections for the remote control functions? I
am configuring a ModBus connection to a gas compressor control panel and was
just curious.  I am planning to use control functions with ModBus.

Thanks,
 Loyd Greer
Great Lakes Chemical

>>> tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/13/04 07:03AM >>>

We installed a FBM 224 at one of our site connected to a Turbotronics panel
on a Solar C3 turbine. We have be extremely pleased with the communication
interface. It is setup RS232 Modbus getting 356 registers and appears to be
handling it very well. We still hardware any control or external shutdown
functions. Took us just a bit to figure out the transitions.
Thanks
Troy

Troy L. Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services
Sr. Process Control Analyst
ISA CCST
Phone (405) 263 4810 ext. 24
Cell    (806) 898 4340

Okarche C&M
Route 4 P.O. Box 40
Okarche, OK. 73762

                      "Jim Mowrey"

                      <jmowrey@bellsout        To:
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      h.net>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [foxboro] PLC
interface question
                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      08/12/2004 08:45

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

If it does talk Modbus RTU, you can interface via a FBM224 card.  Just
installed one of these at one of my sites.

Went pretty well, except the card does not support double precision numbers
(4 registers instead of 2 for a float).

Also, can have redundant ports, but not redundant cards talking to the same
Slave device.

Jim