Re: [foxboro] PLC interface question

  • From: Ken.E.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:23:39 -0400

Haven't interfaced a Micrologix to I/A, but I have interfaced them to other
systems.
The 1500 has two ports, channel 0, and channel 1.
Channel 1 can be configured as a Modbus RTU slave.

See appendix E in the instruction set.

You can read the instruction set, manual at:
http://www.ab.com/manuals/cp/1762-rm001e-en-p.pdf

Ken Moore
NSCC-Wdr

brad.s.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@freelists.org on 08/10/2004 11:00:54 AM

Please respond to foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [foxboro] PLC interface question

Hi all,

I've worked with PLC-I/A interfaces in a past life, but I have none in my
current position. We're looking to install an Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1500
in the utility area, and I'm told it has a built-in "MODBUS RTU" port
(although I don't see that on the AB website). We're running v4.3 so I'm
limited in which interface cards I can use - INI15, INI30, etc. My past
experience is with AB SLC50's. Does anybody have any experience with this
AB MicroLogix 1500 interfacing to I/A?

Brad Wilson
ExxonMobil Chemical Co
Edison Synthetics Plant
732-321-6115
732-321-6177 fax
Brad.S.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

__
This email has been scanned for Viruses and Spam.  For more information
 please contact your local Information Security representative.