Re: [foxboro] PAS- Alarm Management

  • From: Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 20:22:40 -0500

It sounds like PAS is trying to sell you their Audit and Enforce add-on to
PSS.  Unless you already have an OPC server for the I/A system, I suggest
you think twice about using OPC to make the changes.  I have found OPC to
be unreliable, and would rather trust using I/A scripts to write the alarm
changes to the I/A system.

Neil Martin, P.E.
Huntsman Performance Chemicals
Conroe & Dayton , TX.
Conroe ph) 936-760-6205
Dayton ph)  936-257-4212
pager) 936-522-0052

Pramod Kumar <PPNair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/22/2012 05:45 AM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[foxboro] PAS-  Alarm Management

 Hi list,
Any one tried AIM OPC to make changes in CP database. Alarm management
vendor PAS proposes to use this method to make CP database changes
resulted after alarm rationalization study.

Regards
Pramod
Disclaimer: The information in this message is confidential and may
be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this
message by another person is not permitted. If you are not the
intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If
you have received this e-mail by mistake, please e-mail the sender
by
replying to this message, and deleting the original and any
printout
thereof.
Legal Department