Re: [foxboro] PAS- Alarm Management

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 08:06:20 -0500

I used scripts and ICC driver task to do the initial alarm configuration
too, for a number of reasons:

1. I can control/monitor/limit what's going on more effectively.

2. The machine running PSS at our site is not under my control and lives
in a different building. I don't want it writing to my control system at
all.

3. We ended up doing some things with the alarming that required me to
post-process the PSS data.

4. I don't have any OPC server on my systems. :)

Because of item 2 above, if we ever do enforcement, I'll probably have an
AW-resident program running to do that, too. If we don't change 3 (I'm
giving it some time to see how it all works out), we'll use the on-system
approach for auditing as well.

Corey Clingo
BASF

From:   Pramod Kumar <PPNair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   05/22/2012 07:35 AM
Subject:        Re: [foxboro] PAS-  Alarm Management
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Alex.
I understand that Invensys also supplies Alarm Management System using PAS
systems. Is the OPC  method generally adopted by Invensys to make CP
database change? In one of my earlier AMS  projects (not with PAS), I used
 ICC driver task to make bulk changes to CP.

Regards
Pramod