Re: [foxboro] P92 Quad KVM Extension

  • From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:12:29 +0900

Terry,
I've discussed the idea before, but thin clients haven't been capable or
versatile enough to implement this until fairly recently.  I'm justifying
this as a cost saving measure, but I'll also demonstrate improved
reliability.

In my two major plant areas I'll be sending all plant alarms to all three
servers.  In the other areas I'll have to do something different, but the
V8.x alarm management system looks promising to send alarms to individual
display managers.

We're not ready for wireless keyboards I don't think.  I'll run out cable
from my servers to GCIOs and keep my current Annunciator keyboards for now.

The current system has about 50 workstations.  The new concept will have 15
servers - 2 windows P90 or P91 and a Solaris P82 in each of 5 major plant
areas.

I do not have safety systems.

Cheers,

Kevin