Re: [foxboro] P91 Question

Thom,

My feedback is that I have seen many issues with P91's. The battery wasn't
something I've seen, but I have seen disk drive issues and motherboard
problems. In my opinion, the P91 is not fit for use in a control system. For
one thing, it weighs 125 lbs. Where do you store such a beast? In fact, I have
referred to it or heard it referred to as a beast, a boat anchor, and a
monstrosity. For another thing, it has two monster power supplies that have
huge inrush current when you start them. I have witnessed this machine shut
down process units by tripping shutdown PLC's on the same circuit.

Fortunately, you now have the option of the rack-mount H90. This is a more
suitable server, in my opinion. It is light, rack-mountable, and has reasonable
power requirements. If you can switch to this server, I recommend it.

Tim Lowell
Tesoro | 210-439-5914 (cell)