Re: [foxboro] Operator interface question

  • From: Stephen Bettesworth <stephenb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:21:01 +1200

Corey R Clingo wrote:

> Our I/O Scan load is 150-200% of BPC.  I changed the BPC to 0.5 (from 1.0)
> on the advice of this list, in order to have more phases to work with, and
> phased out the scanning, but it didn't help.  Interestingly, before we
> changed the BPC, the I/O load was still in the 150-200% range.  We have 5
> PLCs, 370-odd blocks in the gateway, but are scanning well under the 350
> bytes/sec the specs claim is possible for an Integrator 30.

On a project I did a while ago, changing floating point (F) files to
integer (N) files made a huge difference to the scan load. We had
constant overruns on that particular gateway and just that small change
brought the scans back to where we expected them to be. Of course the
interface code in the PLC (SLC in this case) had to be changed so that
we could still recover one decimal point.

Regards
Steve Bettesworth