From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of stan
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:42 AM
To: Foxboro List
Subject: [foxboro] OM lists

WE had an instance where we ran out of OM lists last night. Foxboro TAC
logged in and determined that the AW on this node was using too mangy, and
we resolved the issue (for the moment) by rebooting this machine.

However,, I am not convinced we have found the root cause on this. The
configuration on this node has been stable for quite a while, and the last
time the AW was rebooted was 150+ days ago, after an upgrade to 7.1.5
software.

We have run a variant of the checkit script from the Casandra site for a
number of years, and it uses /usr/local/show_params to report on some OM
statistics. Frankly I am not all that familiar with the output of this
section of the report. Can someone tell me if these values are global to
the node? If not, is there a script that I can run to get statistics for a
specific station (AB integrator 30A in this case).

Thanks for any suggestions as to forensics on this.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?