Re: [foxboro] Matrikon OPC Server for Foxboro I/A

  • From: <dave.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:02:32 -0400

I agree-- I had a good teacher! ;>)

Truth is, I'll take any response short or long from any one with a pulse-- and
be glad to get it!

I'm what you call fishin'!

From: <dave.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:09:14
To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [foxboro] Matrikon OPC Server for Foxboro I/A

Hello List,

Does any one have any experience with the Matrikon OPC Server for Foxboro I/A?

I am interested in the following:
* Whether or not you are using the FoxAPI or OM API version?
* Are you on Solaris or Windows? Which model AW?
* Are you on nodebus or MESH?
* What is your I/A version?
* How many points collected, update frequency, and for what purpose?
* Has the server been reliable?
     o How long has it gone without issue?
     o How often do problems arise?
     o What has been the symptoms and sources of trouble?
* Are you using primary, distributed load, or stand-by server option?
* Are you using COM (client local to server), DCOM, tunneling, or other?
* Are you specifying a delta value and a scan rate for each point?
     o If so, does this mean the OM scanner in the remote station will scan
.......the OM list for changes greater than delta every x seconds, and
.......report a change to the station requesting the object?
     o Is delta specified in engineering units?
     o Is scan rate in seconds?
     o If no attribute is specified what are the defaults?
* Is there a way to make the FoxAPI or OM API AW redundant? In other words,
should something happen to the collector AW can a backup AW be automatically
brought on-line to collect the points for the OPC Server?

Thanks,
Dave