Re: [foxboro] Listing of I/O address for all CP's

  • From: Corey R Clingo <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:27:30 -0400

iccprt is the starting point for getting this data out of the system, but
it provides _all_ the configuration data, and it may not be in the format
you want.

The xref utility (www.feedforward.com) will provide an I/O listing, but it
doesn't have block type or description.

You can also use some shell/awk (supplied with the system) or
perl/python/ruby/<your favorite script tool here> to extract the data you
want from the iccprt output.  Or hack the xref code (it is shell and awk,
mostly) to get what you want.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corp.

Jeremy Milum <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/10/2005 11:43 AM
Please respond to foxboro

              To:  foxboro
              cc:
         Subject:       Re: [foxboro] Listing of I/O address for all CP's

On 10/10/05, Daniel Wu <Daniel_Wu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I  use 'getpars' to retrieve IOM_ID, PNT_NO, LM1_PT, LM2_PT, CO1_PT and
> CO2_PT for all CP's on our I/A DCS.

iccprt should work for you. It is located in /opt/fox/ciocfg/api

--
Patron saints in general are broadband connections to the Almighty
- Michelle Delio, Wired News