Re: [foxboro] Integrator 30 Style B failing (P0961BD-0E)

  • From: "Kevin Fitzgerrell" <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:37:56 +0900

Kashif,

What is the status of the module when it fails?
LEDs are green, red, or red/green, any flashing?
In system management, the module is showing failed?  What about the
FBM0 and the two PLC ECBs?  When the MG30 fails can you interact with
it at all in SMDH - reboot, offline, etc?

If you've already changed all the Foxboro components without
correcting the problem that'd suggest that something coming in from
the PLCs is the problem.  I've had similar issues with the gateway
hanging because of unexpected modbus commands or responses.  The
modbus gatewey and integrator manual has a list of the supported
modbus commands/responses - it is critical that no other
commands/responses are being generated.  It may be worthwhile to log
the traffic up until the point where your gateway fails.  With modbus
this is relatively easy to do - you can buy or build a serial "y"
adapter and use a PC or laptop to monitor the traffic.  There are a
number of free or inexpensive tools available on the net to analyze
this traffic.  Is the gateway the only master on this modbus network
or is there also a programming PC?  Would it be feasible to split the
gateway (even temporarily) so that the SLC is on one module and the
Siemens is on the other?  That way you could start to isolate the
problem.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell