Re: [foxboro] Installing IA series V8.X on Zone 2 workstation

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P (IOM)" <Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 14:28:47 -0500

There is an assumption that the "slave" FV displays share a common plant area
and, therefore, receive the same alarm set.

As I understand what you are telling me, you have different "plant areas" using
FoxView/FoxAlert from the same WP. If that's the case, you are using the
software in a manner that contradicts our assumption.

Is this the case? If so, why not buy another WP?

Invensys Operations Management
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041
+1 713 329 8472 (desk)
+1 713 329 1600 (operator)
+1 713 329 1700 (Central Fax)
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From:   "Johnson, Alex P (IOM)" <Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   05/10/2012 12:03 PM
Subject:        Re: [foxboro] Installing IA series V8.X on Zone 2
workstation
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Corey,

Re: is the alarming going to be changed so that alarms can be directed to
a particular display/AM instance rather than all instances on one station

I'm not aware of any such plans. I'm curious though do the CAD filtering
options not meet this need for you? They do for others which is why they
exist.

Invensys Operations Management
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041
+1 713 329 8472 (desk)
+1 713 329 1600 (operator)
+1 713 329 1700 (Central Fax)
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys
Group, owned by Invensys plc, which is a company registered in England and
Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X
7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within
the Invensys Group, please go to http://www.invensys.com/en/legal/default.aspx.

You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail
reception@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject
to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and
affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).