Re: [foxboro] Inhibit alarms; NOT

  • From: "Moramarco, Leo" <leo.moramarco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:08:07 -0400

Try  COMP:BLOCK.INHALM.0x0000
Leonardo Moramarco

Instructor, Lifetime Learning Center

Invensys Systems Canada Inc.

Foxboro Division

Phone: 514.421.8301

Fax:514.421.8301

Cell:514.942.4342

-----Original Message-----
From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joseph M. Riccardi
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 4:01 PM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [foxboro] Inhibit alarms; NOT

Folks,

This plant needs to prevent the inhibiting of certain (critical) alarms from
the Select Display by operators; period.  No way, no one (from an
operational display), never, ...

I thought it would be easy just to secure the INHIB parameter with
C:B.INHIB.0.  That worked at the block level, but the operators soon
discovered that they could select the individual block alarms
(Select/Alarms/HIABS, HHABS, etc.) and Toggle them to INHIBITED.

So to prevent this, I thought I could just secure the INHALM parameter in
the same way as the INHIB parameter.  Since the INHALM parameter is a packed
boolean (range 0-FFFFFFFF), I thought C:B.INHALM.0 would to the trick, but
the Control Configurator will not accept it.

What format/syntax is the INHALM parameter expecting?  0 should be a valid
value; no?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help ...

PS.  Yes, we are on a path to evaluate all alarms, but I need your help in
the short term ...

Joseph M. Riccardi, Inc.
DCS Services - Industrial Process Control

North-Central Office (OH, PA, MI, IN, WV Area)
South-East Office (FL, GA, AL, SC, NC Area)
Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"To give real service you must add something that cannot be bought or
measured with money; and that is sincerity and integrity." - Donald A. Adams