Re: [foxboro] IOBAD

  • From: "Jones, Charles R. (Chuck)" <CRJones@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:37:08 -0500

Tim,

I admit it's been a long time since I dealt with this problem and I'm going
from memory.  I also did not try to split hairs on these alarms as fine as
you are.  But, if you're looking for something to try...

You didn't mention the size of your OSV (off span variance?) parameters.  I
increased my OSV parameters from 2.0% to around 10.0% (they vary).  I
believe that the OSV allows the incoming readings to vary that much outside
of the declared span before determining the transmitter to be bad.  I found
out from the instrument techs what the average variance is in their field
transmitters, then I set the OSV for a little bit more than that.

Chuck Jones
Refinery Automation Technologist
Tate & Lyle North America -- Lafayette South Plant
765.477.5324 - Office  | 877.536.9219 - Pager