Re: [foxboro] IEE

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P (IOM)" <Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:47:31 -0600

Re: Neil wrote - I believe a DCS with IEE still has CSA on it.
It does. CSA is used to ensure the uniqueness of compound names. It also
supports other configuration tools by providing a list of block names and
parameters.

Re: When you open a strategy, there is a very small window to see
    the blocks which appear as graphical representations.
This is an interesting point.

The IEE really is easier to use with a dual monitor PC especially if the
monitors are large. On one system, they had dual heads with a diagonal of 43"
(IIRC) and that was very nice. :)

Re: Neil wrote - can get a graphic representation of your strategy if you
    spend time to set it up and do all the necessary things.  We do not do
    it, it is too much work.
There are two cases to consider:

1) New controllers with new blocks
2) Existing controllers with migrated blocks

In the former case, the stuff that Neil refers to isn't very hard and it can
greatly reduce engineering time, i.e., spend some time planning your templates
and leverage that time many times over.

On existing controllers with migrated (moved) blocks, the issue is harder. If
the original blocks were built using FoxCAE or IACC, the LOOPID can be used to
group the blocks reasonably, but you still have to assign a strategy and that
is tedious.

If the orginal control blocks were ICC built, the LOOPID isn't set and that
does increase the effort.

Hope this helps.

Invensys Operations Management
10900 Equity Drive