Re: [foxboro] IACC Projects (was: IACC Projects)

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:54:24 -0500

Invensys Process System employees are neither encouraged nor discouraged
from responding to this list. I suspect that most have other things to do; I
clearly don't have enough to do or lack a life.

As for customers commenting on IACC, my belief is that most of the installed
base does not use it and new customers are not on the list.

With regard to Greg's questions, here are my answers:

1.  How many folks are using IACC on a regular basis at this point?
Lots, many internal IPS employees use it every day.

2.  Do you consider it robust?
I do. It has been heavily tested and is well documented. It is our preferred
configuration tool.

3. Is it capable of handling a project of around 3000-4000 I/O points?
We are doing jobs today with over 90,000 blocks. I'm certain that IACC can
handle a project this size.

4. How easy (or difficult) is it to backup/restore your IACC database?
I can't comment specifically because I'm not a user myself.

5.  Does IACC have bulk configuration import capability of either Excel- or
text-formatted information?
Yes. IACC has bulk import capability. I'm not an expert, but the details are
in the manual. The manual is B0400BP.

6.  Does IACC replace System Definition, or any other configurators, or just
ICC?
IACC can be used in place of SysDef as well as ICC.

7.  Does a system configured with IACC still have a CSA database?
Yes.

CSA is used - principle function - to ensure uniqueness of top-level OM
names (compounds). This does not change based on the configuration tool.

8.  Any other general opinions/comments?

You need to be at V6.4 or later. Certain model A stations are not currently
supported.

Invensys Process Systems
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington