Re: [foxboro] I/A Security (forked from Southeastern Users Group Wrap Up)

Jeremy Milum wrote:
> did they mention allowing us to easily change the 'fox' user's default
> password?

Yup,  that would be part of the security enhancements, although it was
not clear to me if you had to have a domain controller to have that
ability or not.  See they are trying to move the the Microsoft Domain
Security model (even though they didn't explicitly say that).  So you
might be able to do it with workgroups, but it will require more
administration from you (they did say that).

Also they mentioned that the last Sun boxes will no longer be sold soon
(end of April I think, but could be wrong).  So it's all windows all the
time.  Also they said they might skip Vista / Mojave and go straight to
Windows 7.

Man, I miss the old boxes from Sun.   I still have a SUN IPc that was an
AP50 that works great.

Regards,
David

When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows," people just stare
at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free."
Linus Torvalds