From:   Timothy S Goins <timothy.goins@xxxxxxxx>
To:     foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   05/15/2012 01:34 PM
Subject:        [foxboro] Help with WP/AW 51 Series
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello List,
We are looking into solutions to upgrade and/or replace our aging WP51's.
Foxboro no longer has a source to
replace these boxes and we are experiencing failures more frequently. We
have also purchased PCO configured
systems and had mixed success with them.

What I wanted to know is years ago Sun open sourced their Solaris OS based

on the Unix System V. It was
designed to run on x86 based hardware and was available for free. Has
anyone tried to build a OpenSolaris
based system and had any success with it?

We are aware that we will be running a non-supported configuration, but
since the decision has not been
made to upgrade to newer/other equipment we are looking for alternatives.

Thanks.

Timothy Goins
Phone: 979-415-6605, Fax: 979-415-6709, E-Mail: timothy.goins@xxxxxxxx
Postal Address: BASF Corporation, Freeport, 77541, USA
BASF - The Chemical Company